Engaging our community regarding the operations and governance of Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) is a commitment we take very seriously. One way for individuals to become informed and engaged is through NHH annual membership.
Members may attend annual and special meetings of the corporation, and they also have voting privileges for various matters including the approval of NHH By-law revisions and the audited financial statements. It is also an opportunity to learn about past performance and future priorities of the Hospital.
According to the NHH By-laws, prospective members must declare their eligibility according to the criteria for annual membership set out below:
1. I am a resident of the County of Northumberland living in one of the three applicable Wards (1. Municipality of Port Hope; 2. Town of Cobourg; 3. Townships of Hamilton, Alnwick/Haldimand and Cramahe) and have been a resident of the Ward for a continuous period of at least three (3) months prior to the date of application.
2. I am eighteen (18) years of age or older.
3. I am not a person, or related to a person, or affiliated to a person (including relatives or business associates) that:
a. is providing supplies or services to Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH);
b. is under contract with NHH;
c. has responded to a request for proposals issued by NHH in the previous fiscal year; or,
d. intends to submit a proposal during the membership term.
4. I am not an employee or member of the Professional Staff (physicians, dentists, midwives and extended class nurses) of NHH.
5. I am not a spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, brother or sister of an employee or member of the Professional Staff.
6. I do not live in the same household as an employee or member of the Professional Staff of NHH.
Memberships are available at the Hospital's Finance Office at 1000 DePalma Drive, Cobourg for a cost of $10. An official tax receipt will be issued.
NHH's Annual General Meetings (AGMs) generally take place in the second or third week of June. A notice is posted in the local newspapers announcing the details and date for the AGMs. In order to be an eligible member to vote at the AGM, one must purchase a membership 56 days prior to the AGM date.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Turk, Vice President at (905) 372-6811, ext. 4013 or Pam Oakman, Accounts Receivable Clerk at ext. 4042.